Sunday, June 26, 2011

How I Became A Hiker...

"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves."

Hi, it’s Emily! I think it’s only fair I give our readers a little background about myself before I go into my reflections on my first two hikes since starting this blog with my friend Alie,. I’m a twenty six year old Maryland native. I have never really considered myself an athlete, but after developing some mild issues with anxiety, I discovered that exercise was an all natural way for me to manage some of the stress in my life (may not work for everyone, but it works for me). For the past six months, I have been an avid gym enthusiast. My typical workouts include some combination of running, weight training, and dance (Zumba classes at my gym are a favorite). Recently, I have talked about wanting to explore more of the outdoor side of exercise so Alie and I decided to attempt a few local hiking trails. I was hooked right from the start and hope this will be a hobby that I continue to develop into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment