Sunday, June 26, 2011

Great Falls

Date: 6/25/11
Trail: River Trail at Great Falls Park in Great Falls, Virginia
Distance: About 3 miles
My Rating: 8/10


So I love the River Trail!  My dog loves it too.  It was a beautiful day to hike: it was sunny and not too hot. Emily, Buddy (my dog), and I started around 2pm and we're done by 5ish.  We stopped for lots of pictures and to eat lunch/snack.


This trail runs along the top of the gorge and there are lots of lookout points.  If you are not good with heights, you may want to consider a different hike.  There are some spots where you have to maneuver over rocks, so this is not great for little dogs.  North River Trail is a fairly flat walking/running trail, I believe.



 

The best part of this hike is the views!  There are tons of places to take photos, take a break, or have a picnic.  It is a must-do for people looking for an easy-moderate hike with 50/50 trail/rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment